Easy and fast to print surgical mask "spacer" that allowes you to breath and talk more easily.
Four different sizes, refer to the size chart pic...ture.
Each model is also adjustable to add or reduce the clearance between the mask and the mouth.
This is for comfort only, designed for people who have to wear a mask all day long. It won't fight the coronavirus. Use it at your own risk!
It can be printed with any type of filament, but I think that PETg is the best for that use ; it can be washable with hot water, and it is contact skin friendly.
It tooks between 8 and 22 minutes for me to print depending the sizes
Designed to be printed at 0.25mm layer height.
New STLs :
• Rectification of model's mistakes, XLs files were good, the buttons were too small on other sizes.
New STLs :
• Adding the size label
• removing the SVG files as they need some modifications
made some great remixes which I'm sharing for him as he don't have a thingiverse account :
• Remix of the hooks
• and a mirrored hook edition
New SVGs files
did a totally flat
to make it laser cuttable.
He originally share this wonderfull idea with me on instagram (btw you can follow me
New modifications :
• Main one, I changed the clip system. Considering the tolerences variation in the 3D printing world, I went for a system that should work for anyone....at least I hope...
• Removed the cheeks lip, it doesn't seem to be usefull to users.
• Print time optimised, took me 15min to print the L version
After watching the
It clearly appears that his hooks were much more efficient. So, with his permission/collaboration, I redesign the breathers to use the same hooks.
By the same time I reduce the thickness from 1mm to 0.75mm to reduce print time.
So I recommand to PRINT IT WITH A 0.25mm LAYER
Also put back a short cheeks lip, this is a personnal preference, let me know if it's really annoying.
Edit 09/10/20. New STLs ; hooked versions.
• I removed the lips that fitted on the cheeks.
suggest to add hooks that will fix inside the mask. Great idea!