3d model description
Self watering pots are bloody expensive. By using this simple water level indicator and some clay balls you can convert any ordinary pot to a self wat...ering pot.
- print the parts
- cut the 25 mm plastic tube to the required length
- cut the bottom of the 25 mm plastic tube to zigzag to allow water flow underneath the buoy
- push the plastic tube into the bottom cage and level its bottom with the cage's bottom
- pull the "top corner w scale" to the top of the plastic tube
- push the bouy and the red staw together (you may also glue them but it's not neccessary)
- put the buoy into the tube
- stand the entire assembled appliance to the corner of the pot and re-level the top/bottom parts again
- now fill the pot with clay balls, plant your plant into the pot
- start filling the pot with water by oozing the water at the root of the plant
- fill the water until the straw on the indicator will not exceed the max. level
Update 20150728: I added a more solid bottom cage which can be printed without support.
3d model print parameters
- a pot
- some clay balls
- some 25 mm diameter standard plastic tube used by electricians
- one red straw...